Thursday 25 November 2010

Day 4

Today is the beginning of the 4th day. Day 1 was actually so much better than I thought I have just started reading "The Lions Game" by Nelson Demille and it has defnitely helped me keep my mind off it!

On Day 1 I went to bed at 9pm, very early for me! Read for two hours and slept very well. It was quite nice not waking up in the middle of the night and feeling incredibly dehydrated.

Day 2 was much harder, when I got home from work at about 6pm I was immediately bored. I put on the TV and tried to watch but it just didn't feel the same without a glass of wine in my hand. I did some washing and tried to read some more. I went to bed at 8:30pm and carried on reading but at 11pm I was still wide awake. I tossed and turned until about 2am when I think I finally got off to sleep. Yesterday (Day 3) I was so tired all day (even worse than when I am hungover). It makes me think maybe this isn't worth it as I seem to actually function better and sleep better when I can drink. I know that probably sounds stupid but as I feel worse not drinking I have been wondering "what's the point".

BUT, I am going to keep going. Today is day 4 and I am really pleased that I have got this far. I worry about the weekend as I usually drink much more on a Friday and Saturday night as I don't have to get up for work.

Only time will tell!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    I stumbled upon your blog from the Steve Pavlina forums (which I stumbled upon as I was googling about quitting alcohol, looking to read about other people's experiences).

    Firstly, congrats on making an important life changing decision. I don't think you'll regret it.

    I too have decided to quit and my decision was made a lot easier by reading this:

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kick-Drink-Easily-Jason-Vale/dp/1845903900/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322603239&sr=8-1

    It's not the best written book on the subject, as the author himself admits, but it did make me see the whole subject of 'alcoholism' in a new light. I think if you read it you may find that you don't need to take one day at a time any more.

    All the best,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete